OT Cover Letter
OT Cover Letter
Your cover letter is both your introduction and writing sample. It is not simply a rehash of what you have on your resume. Rather, it is a compelling, personal narrative that highlights who you are, what you’re capable of and the distinct value you would bring if hired. Here are 5 tips to ensure you create an effective cover letter that makes you stand out as well as a sample cover letter to get you started.
Address the letter to a specific person. If you cannot find someone in a responsible position, call the company HR directly and ask for a contact. If you are unable to find a contact, use a title instead, such as Human Resources Manager.
Tailor the letter specifically for the position and company you are seeking. Be sure to learn everything you can about the company culture, expectations and job responsibilities. Read the job description carefully and use the words and language of the prospective employer to demonstrate how well you fit their criteria and requirements.
Demonstrate confidence with positive phrases like “I am confident that I have the skills to…” rather than timid language such as “I hope I have the qualifications you require…”
4: Have a Call to Action
An effective cover letter will always have a call to action. Confidently request for an interview and offer your contact details in case additional questions or documents are required.
Have a clear beginning, a middle and an end. Use a professional business format and keep the same font/header as your resume. Keep it brief and concise – never more than a page.
- State the position for which you are applying.
- Indicate how you found out about the position.
- Briefly describe your background and qualifications.
- State why you are interested in this position and/or company.
- Tie your skills and experiences to what you know about the company and the position.
- Restate your interest and why you are the perfect fit for this position.
- Make a request for an interview and provide your contact details.
- Indicate if you will be following up.