LAST UPDATED October 1, 2019
Information We Collect
In order to provide a customized experience as you use our website, we collect the information, content and communications you provide when you use the OT Miri website and services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others.
- Device Information: We receive information about your device, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, language codes, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), unique device identifiers.
- Information We Obtain from Third Parties: We may receive information about you from our third party partners, such as business or marketing partners. OT Miri Site also includes social media features (such as the YouTube “Subscribe” and Facebook “Like” button). These features may collect your IP address, the page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- Log Files: We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files when you use our website through your browser or mobile application. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages and URLs, domain names, landing pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Online Advertisements: We may display online advertisements and/or share aggregated and non-identifying information about our Users that we collect through the registration process or online submission forms, but we do not share personally identifiable information about individual Users with advertisers.
- Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, resolve disputes or as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws.
Information You Give Us
- Registration, Account and Other Information You Provide: In order to use some sections of OT Miri Site, Members may be required to provide certain personal information including name, email address, work title, username and password. We use this information to ensure the validity of member registrations. Members may also be asked to complete an online form that collects information about demographics, personal experiences, testimonials as well as other information that will help us improve our services. The transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet nor can we prevent the use or misuse of information you choose to submit for publication on the website. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to access the full range of features and services available through the OT Miri website.
- Communications: If you choose to fill out the “contact us” portion of the OT Miri website, or provide us with any other communication data, including but not limited to that provided via email, social media messaging, posts, or text messages, we may collect information including your name, email address, phone number, information you share with that social media platform, as well as the text of any message you send electronically. We may also retain your data to keep a record of the communication.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Comments: When visitors or users leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment. In addition, by submitting a comment, you agree that we may use comments or messages in marketing promotions or to answer questions in videos or in articles. Any information you disclose or post on OT Miri or other public areas of the OT Miri Site, or internet in general, becomes public information. You should also be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit can be read, collected and/or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit on this site. To request removal of your personal information from the website, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We do not sell or rent your data to third parties. Our sharing is only to provide content for free, record basic analytics data, or to show advertisements, and is limited to the following:
- Protection: Protect the security and safety of OT Miri and other users by investigating suspicious activity
- Provide Service: Offer you tailored content and personalizing your experience
- Communications: Manage our relationship with you. For example, by responding to your messages, comments or queries submitted to us on the Website or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey.
- Marketing and Advertising: We may contact you about OT Miri’s products and services, providing you with information, updates or promotional materials that may be relevant, valuable, interesting or useful to you.
- Conduct data and system analytics
- Develop new products, services or tools
- Maintain and improve our services
- Identify and fix bugs that may be present
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your personal information based on a valid legal ground:
- You have consented to the use of your personal example.
- We need your information to provide you with our services, such as account registration, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal information.
When May We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- As Required by Law: Regulators and government authorities: We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers or other third parties that perform services on our behalf.
- Our professional Advisors (legal, financial, etc): We may also disclose information that is necessary to bring legal action against a party in order to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our systems or our Users. We may also disclose your information if we are subject to subpoena or other legal proceedings or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with judicial proceedings.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- You may ‘opt-out’ of communications if you prefer not to receive them in the future. These communications include marketing and educational communications about products and services that we feel may provide value for you and will only send if you have subscribed to one of our e-mails lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving information or offers from us. To opt-out, follow the instructions in the e-mail.
- You may modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, some parts of our website may not work properly, but you do have the right to choose how cookies are utilized.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by OT Miri. Please remember that this privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link or advertisement on our website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. You should review the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
Third Party Advertising and Re-marketing
OT Miri is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. When users click on these “affiliate links” and end up making a purchase on a qualifying item, OT Miri receives a small percentage of that purchase price. This Amazon program places or recognizes cookies on visitors’ browsers to enhance and personalize their experience based on previous activity. OT Miri will always disclose when a post contains an affiliate link. You may read more about Amazon Affiliates and their Operating Agreement here.
OT Miri is a participant in the MedBridge Affiliate Program. When users click on the affiliate link or coupon code, OT Miri receives a percentage of that purchase price. MedBridge tracks the use of OT Miri’s affiliate link and/or coupon code.
OT Miri is a participant in the ZipRecruiter Publisher Program. When users click on job postings, OT Miri receives a small compensation.
This website is not directed towards children and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Your Rights and Choices
Upon your request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You can access, update or correct your personal information by accessing your account or by reaching out to us at email@example.com.
UNSUBSCRIBE | OPT-OUT | CLOSE ACCOUNT
When you become a member of otmiri.com, you are automatically subscribed to receive notices, email newsletters and special promotion through OT Miri and/or with our partners. To unsubscribe from OT Miri newsletters and promotional mailings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revisions to Our Privacy Statement
OT Miri reserves the right to revise, amend or modify this Privacy Statement and Policy at any time and in any manner. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this page so we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.